Thursday, 20 October 2011
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich..
Google has officially announced version Android 4.0 alias the Ice Cream Sandwich. It's packed full of new features and has a new look, and unifies the Android experience between tablets and smartphones.
The burning question for every Android smartphone owner is — Will their Android 2.3.x Gingerbread running smartphone support the new Ice Cream Sandwich? Google stated that theoretically any smartphone running Gingerbread should ideally run Ice Cream Sandwich. However, thorough testing will reveal the limitations, if any.
Wondering which devices will get the ICS update and when? We have some of the probable answers here.
• Google has said that technically all devices running Android 2.3 or higher are eligible for getting the ICS update.
• Samsung has stated that Samsung Nexus S will be the first device to receive the ICS update by November end. We have covered the specs in the next photo in the album.
• Samsung also says that the Samsung Galaxy S II will be the next in line to receive the ICS update. We can only pray that Samsung will be kind enough to include the Galaxy S in the list of devices eligible for ICS update.
• Sony Ericsson 2011′s Xperia Line, namely the Xperia Arc and Xperia Ray will recevie the ICS update, but there is no fixed timeline for the same. The company says all eligible devices will be first updated to Android 2.3.4, only after that they will be getting the ICS update.
Like specified earlier Samsung Nexus S will be the first Smartphone to run the search giant's updated Android 4.0 OS, known as Ice Cream Sandwich and boasts a 1.2GHz dual-core processor.
In addition, the device has a large, 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display and a near-field communication chip to deliver support Google's mobile-payment service, Wallet.
Here are the specifications of the Galaxy Nexus,
• Operating System: Android 4.0.1 - Ice Cream Sandwich;
• Display: 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED Screen with 1280 x 720 resolution;
• Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core processor;
• Camera: Rear: 5-megapixel, Front: 1.3-megapixel for video call;
• Camera Features: Re-designed Camera UI, 1080p video recording @ 30 FPS, panaroma mode, zero-shutter lag and silly faces;
• Buttons: On-Screen Software Navigation buttons, only hardware buttons are volume rocker and the power button;
• Face Unlock: Facial recognition to unlock your phone;
• Android Beam: Uses NFC to easily share content with other Android users;
• Sensors: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro, Light, Proximity, Barometer;
• Memory: RAM: 1GB; Storage: 16/32GB; NO EXPANDABLE MEMORY USING SD-CARD;
• Connectivity: LTE, HSPA+ connectivity, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n;
• Battery: 1750 mAh Li-Ion;
• Dimensions(l x b x h): 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94;
• Weight: 135g
VIA- Tech, Style & Gizmos's