Apple had announced the iPhone 4S last Tuesday at a media event in Cupertino. Quite a few people were disappointed, since Apple took a year and three months to announce the newest iPhone and that it did not feature a design overhaul. Many analysts had estimated that due to this fact the flagship handset from Apple would not meet sales expectations. Apple started the pre-orders for the iPhone 4S on Friday and the company have announced that its pre-orders for the smartphone have topped one million in a single day, surpassing the previous single day pre-order record of 600,000 held by iPhone 4.
One million Apple iPhone 4S pre-ordered
Speaking about this, Phil Schiller, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing said, “We are blown away with the incredible customer response to iPhone 4S. The first day pre-orders for iPhone 4S have been the most for any new product that Apple has ever launched and we are thrilled that customers love iPhone 4S as much as we do.”
Here’s a quick look at the features of the iPhone 4S:
- iOS 5 running on an Apple A5 chipset
- Dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU and PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU
- 3.5-inch Retina Display
- GSM and CDMA networks
- HSDPA of up to 14.4 Mbps
- 8MP AF rear camera with LED flash
- 1080p video recording with Image Stabilization and Temporal noise reduction
- Airplay mirroring
- Internal memory - 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
- Siri – Intelligent assistant activated through voice command
For more information on the Apple iPhone 4S, click here.